Following the announcement of the Social Finance Fund in the Fall Economic Statement, CCEDNet and leading representatives of charities, nonprofits, social enterprises and co-operatives in Canada submitted recommendations to Minister Jean-Yves Duclos for the development of the Fund.
These recommendations seek to ensure that the design of the Fund will reflect the diverse needs of grassroots organizations throughout Canada, and that these much-needed resources will reach the communities where they can have the greatest impact.
This builds on a previous letter CCEDNet submitted in December, congratulating the Government on this important first step towards a social innovation and social finance strategy.
- Announcement of the Social Finance Fund
- Fall Economic Statement (see p.37)
- Recommendations of the Co-Creation Steering Group
- sisfs.ca – the website of the non-governmental members of the co-creation steering group
- Exploring the Opportunities of Social Innovation and Social Finance plenary session video from EconoUs2018