For projects and organizations with a vision of transforming society by fighting systemic injustices.
For vital work that is not government-funded and not charity.
Deadline: February 17, 2019
Groundswell is excited to review applications for $500-$4000 that meet the following criteria:
- Work that is led by the communities the group are organizing; specifically, people most directly affected by oppression
- Work of organizations led by Black and/or Indigenous organizers, to whom we are committed to giving a minimum 50% of funding
- Work that confronts the root causes of oppression, rather than just finding temporary solutions
- Work that actively confronts power imbalances and seeks to build community power
- Work that increases organizational infrastructure, allowing groups to do their work on a long-term basis
- Work that cannot get adequate funding from other sources
- Work taking place within Ontario, though, given our ongoing commitment to decolonize our work, relying on colonial borders requires us to be more flexible.
First Nations, Inuit and Métis
Social Economy & Social Enterprise