Coordinator, Member Services and Education
Organization: Manitoba Non-Profit Housing Association
Reports to: Executive Director
The Coordinator of Member Services and Education is a new position with the Manitoba Non- Profit Housing Association (MNPHA), and will develop and maintain services that support nonprofit housing providers to provide safe, secure, and affordable housing across Manitoba. This includes establishing partnerships with companies and organizations to develop valuable, costsaving member benefit programs, and delivering educational programs that build the capacity of the sector.
HOURS: 32 hours weekly; Mostly weekdays with occasional evening or weekend for training sessions
Tasks and Responsibilities
Member outreach and communications (40%)
- Develop and implement member outreach strategies, with a goal of increasing MNPHA’s membership across Manitoba
- Maintain member database for membership outreach and renewal
- Build relationships with members and promote the value of membership
- Assess member service and education priorities through surveys and meetings with members
Partnership and service development (30%)
- Establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with organizations, vendors, and consultants who work with the non-profit housing sector
- Develop a member service guide with recommended vendors who serve the non-profit housing sector
- Establish group purchasing or cost-savings programs, starting with a group insurance program to be developed in 2019
Member education and training (30%)
- Develop and coordinate educational programs to members through in-person workshops, webinars, and videos
- Assist with educational session development for annual Building Partnerships Conference
- Evaluate education and training programs for continuous improvement
The Coordinator of Member Services and Education will become part of MNPHA’s small team of two, and is expected to collaborate with the Executive Director on other Association duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Flexible and resourceful: you enjoy creating new programs, finding resources, and establishing new partnerships
- Goal-oriented and task-driven: you thrive in an independent work environment, can deliver on targets, have strong organizational skills, and pay attention to detail
- Creative and like to learn new things: you have excellent computer skills for use in word processing, administration, and communications. If you don’t know how to do something, you ask for help and find a way to develop your skills or knowledge
- Communicative: you have experience facilitating groups and educational sessions of diverse stakeholders and varied size, and experience developing professional communication documents for a range of audiences
- Collaborative: you develop constructive, productive and sustainable relationships with colleagues, collaborators/associates, partners
- Enthusiastic about affordable housing and non-profit development
Interviews are anticipated to take place in mid-March, with the position to start in April, 2019.
Please send resume and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience to Christina Maes Nino; execdir at mnpha.com; by March 8, 2019.
For more information please call 204-797-6746. We thank everyone for their interest in the position, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Manitoba Non-Profit Housing Association is committed to representing diversity among our staff and volunteers. Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Thank you