Start Date: Spring 2019
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours/week)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Buy Social Canada is seeking an individual to join our small and dynamic team as the National Coordinator. We need a person with a commitment to social enterprise, creating social value in the market place, and building healthy communities. Working with the Managing Partner and with a network of partners, this position requires a person able to: engage with key social enterprise and social procurement stakeholders across sectors; develop initiatives, manage projects and events, and advance policy related to social procurement. The individual will need to be highly organized and comfortable managing a variety of ongoing duties and relationships, from the simple to the complex.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage relationships with regional and collaborating partners
- Coordinate and develop social value market opportunities
- Support revenue generation efforts, including writing proposals, responding to RFPs and other opportunities
- Support research and policy contracts, including synthesizing research and writing and editing reports
- Coordinate and participate in events, including presentations, learning and stakeholder engagement events such as a community of practice on social value marketplace
- Manage communications, including maintaining social media and website to grow the Buy Social Canada brand and share knowledge
- Support social enterprise certification program
- Manage administration of contracts and invoices
- Support the Managing Partner in other related duties
About Buy Social Canada
Buy Social Canada brings together socially driven purchasers and social enterprise suppliers to build business relationships that generate social benefits for communities across the country. We work with community, private sector, and governments to support the development of policy and resources to strengthen local and regional social procurement initiatives. We offer a recognized, Canada-wide social enterprise certification program that opens the door to an emerging social impact network.
Please send a resume and cover letter responding to the position description and including your salary requirement. The review of applications and interviews will commence February 15th, and the position will be open until filled, hopefully prior to May 15th, 2019.
david at buysocialcanada.com