The Manager, Communications & Community Relations will:
Develop a comprehensive Communication Plan to enhance the profile of End Homelessness Winnipeg (EHW) and its outcomes, to ensure public and community understanding of EHW’s vision, goals and purpose, and to provide reporting mechanisms and processes to actively engage and encourage collaboration and partnerships with multiple stakeholders.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with the CEO, staff team, Board members and key stakeholders to develop and execute on the Communication Plan.
- Actively engage with multiple stakeholders including People with Lived Experience, Indigenous organizations, shelters, and housing service organizations, private sector, and funders.
- Liaise between neighborhoods, sectors, and community services.
- Lead complex strategic planning with staff and key stakeholders.
- Develop key communication strategies including presentations, reports and position papers for multiple stakeholders.
- Communicate in multiple formats (PowerPoint decks, Community Circles, Public Reports etc.) to a variety of audiences on program and policy issues and respond effectively to concerns and inquiries in a variety of settings.
- Develop internal and external communications for website, emails, digital and print publications, ensuring up-to-date information and posting of EHW materials; develop strategic messaging in response to incidents and issues in consultation with the CEO.
- Oversee and manage Media Request and Responses, Website and other social media, ensuring EHW’s has up-to-date information, posting of EHW’ reports, position papers or responses.
- Advise and assist the CEO on the creation of media releases and other communication products.
- Prepare and schedule content on a variety of social media channels.
- Maintain reference materials and databases related to the work.
- Provide analytics and collation of communication social stats and responses and tracks outcomes.
- Assist in coordinating press conferences, town halls, and other public events.
- Prepare committee/working group reports, briefing.
- Maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relationships. facilitate and/or support various EHW internal and external communication processes for committees and stakeholders and participate on some community agency partnership committees.
- Represent EHW on internal/external steering and advisory committees.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA in Communications Degree or Communications Diploma with relevant experience, preferably in communications and marketing, public relations, journalism or a related discipline.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, objectives, methods and techniques in communications and public relations work.
- Considerable experience creating communication strategies, plans, communication materials and social media content.
- Ability to establish and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate complex issues both in written and verbal formats.
- Ability to make complex issues simple to understand; to break complex issues into smaller more understandable segments.
- Ability to lead and/or facilitate small and large group discussions.
- Proven writing and editing skills - effective, concise writer in the various contexts of policy development, briefing notes, etc.
Skill in the use of software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, WordPress, InDesign/or other related software ) and social media tools.
- Salary range will depend on qualifications and experience.
Please forward resume and cover letter by Friday November 16, 2018 at 12:00 pm directly to:
End Homelessness Winnipeg
Attn: Lucille Bruce, Chief Executive Officer
Unit C – 216 Pacific Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0M4
Email: careers at endhomelessnesswinnipeg.ca
End Homelessness Winnipeg is committed to representing diversity among our staff and volunteers. Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply.