Under the supervision of the Child Care Program Manager, the ECE II will lead a team of Child Care Assistants to provide quality child care for newcomer children whose parents are participating in settlement and social programs. The ideal candidate is experienced, thrives in a multicultural environment and is committed to IRCOM’s core values of integration, diversity, social justice and empowerment. The ideal candidate works in a way that is people-centered, holistic and partnership based.
The objective of the ECE II position is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of newcomer children ages 6 months and older while their parents participate in programs on site. The ECE II will be responsible to ensure CMAS guidelines are being followed and provide direction and support to the Child Care Assistants while caring for children and ensuring the smooth execution of the Child Care Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
The ECE II is required to:
- Lead a team of Child Care Assistants in providing quality child care
- Plan and deliver relevant age appropriate activities for children aged 6 months to 6 years
- Work with little supervision at an off-site location
- Multi-task and problem solve under pressure and in emergency situations
- Implement Care for Newcomer Children adhering to (CNC) Guidelines, developed and monitored by CMAS, to provide a high quality program that is safe, healthy, and developmentally appropriate for newcomer children
- Adhere to IRCOM’s policies and procedures
- Discuss children’s progress or concerns with Child Care Program Manager, parents and other staff as needed
- Set up, take down and rotate equipment and materials in the program as needed
- Work with team members to create a positive environment
- Regular lifting and participating in physical activities
- Attend regular Child Care Program meetings as well as IRCOM staff meetings
- Have effective, open, and positive communication skills
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Plan, purchase and organize supplies in discussion with Child Care Program Manager
- Other duties as assigned by Child Care Program Manager or designate.
- See IRCOM’s statement on working at IRCOM: http://www.ircom.ca/aboutus/employmentopportunities/
- An Early Childhood Education Level II or III Diploma is required
- Valid Criminal Record Check, and clear Child Abuse Registry Check
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds effectively
- Independent, with ability to provide leadership and direction to other child care staff
- Be flexible and a creative thinker
- Strong communication skills in English (written and oral)
- Sensitivity to the needs and concerns of newcomer families
- Positive attitude and friendly manner
- Strength, stamina and ability to work with active, young children
- Previous understanding of Provincial Licensing or CMAS requirements is an asset but not required
Hours of Work
This is a casual position and the ECE2’s hours may take place at any time during IRCOM program hours during weekdays, some evenings and weekends depending on scheduling needs.
Submitting an Application
To apply for this position please submit your résumé and cover letter by Friday November 16th, 2018 at NOON to:
95 Ellen Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 1S8
Email: irenes at ircom.ca
IRCOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested applicants can identify themselves as belonging in any of the following groups: women, Indigenous people, refugees, immigrants, visible minorities, persons with a disability or any other groups that are typically under-represented in the workplace.
We thank all who apply. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your cover letter and résumé must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.