Winnipeg Harvest is a not-for-profit, community based organization. Our goals are to collect and share surplus food with people who are hungry and offer training opportunities to help people step up and out of poverty. Our ultimate goal is to eliminate the need for food banks in our community.
Our Warehouse Associates ensure the timely and safe movement of healthy and nutritious food through our warehouse, so it can be quickly distributed to people in need of food assistance.
- Organize and prepare orders for shipping
- Load and unload trucks quickly and safely, and with food-safety in mind
- Using Winnipeg Harvest vehicles, both pick up and deliver food to our partner agencies
- Receive incoming donations and inspect, process and stage food to their designated locations
- Maintain the cleanliness of our warehouse, and ensure tools and equipment are in safe working order
- Train volunteers on warehouse procedures and safety, and support them throughout the day
- Support your team in any other areas that may need assistance
- You have a strong belief in the dignity of all human beings
- You like to work closely with others, and have a strong team focus
- You are patient, communicate effectively, and care about the people you work with
- You have superior organizational skills and can keep track of many tasks in a fast-paced workplace
- You have worked in a warehouse, and know proper warehouse operations procedures
- You have a valid Manitoba Class 5 driver’s licence
- You are able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly and for long periods, and be on your feet all day
- Ideally, you have previous food handling experience or have a Safe Food Handling Certification
This position requires a 40-hour work week, with some evening and weekend shift-work.
If you thrive in a fast-paced workplace and are driven to make a difference in your community, this position might be right for you!
To learn more about this opportunity and to apply, please visit our website at:
Deadline: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 @ 4:00pm
Email: hr at winnipegharvest.org
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those with the required qualifications will be contacted to interview.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter