The Canadian CED Network is seeking a dynamic, organized, and collaborative person with a strong understanding of community economic development, event planning, online communications and community engagement to fill the position of Events and Communications Coordinator in our Manitoba regional office. This position is focused on CCEDNet-Manitoba’s learning events including our flagship annual conference, the Manitoba Gathering of community builders. Responsible for identifying skill and knowledge needs through member engagement, you will find appropriate facilitators and create learning and networking events that meet those needs. The successful candidate will also work to build and maintain our online presence, connecting with our national communications team and other program staff to support Manitoba communications. You are a strong communicator that can contribute to good relationships and the provision of clear and accessible information about network activities.
About the Canadian CED Network
The Canadian CED Network (CCEDNet) is a values-based, non-profit organization committed to strengthening the social, economic, and environmental conditions of Canadian communities. We have several hundred members throughout Canada working at the grassroots level in rural, urban, Indigenous, and northern settings. The Manitoba regional network is strong and active, with a staff team focusing on strengthening members’ skills and knowledge to build capacity, growing and using our collective voice to engage with the public and governments, and connecting community economic developers to each other and needed resources.
Reporting to the Manitoba Regional Director, and working collaboratively with all Manitoba staff:
- Take the lead on planning and implementation of The Manitoba Gathering.
- This includes working with an engaged Planning Team to recruit and select workshop presenters, plan and implement event logistics, recruit and manage event volunteers, promote the event, provide audience services, and evaluate success.
- Plan, market, execute, evaluate, and report on CCEDNet – Manitoba’s learning events including:
- Monthly workshops on a range of skill-based topics,
- Planning for Your Organization’s Financial Sustainability Series,
- Other events as required or requested by members.
- Provide local communications support as time permits, including:
- Working with the Regional Director to re-develop www.ccednet-rcdec.ca/manitoba
- Coordinating with national communications staff and program communication leads to cross-promote and ensure effective communication of our work, including social media
- Supporting program staff with their communication needs
- Promoting events
- Assisting with member communications, including maintaining member records, assisting with renewal and sending regular member-exclusive communications
- Other related duties as they arise.
- Demonstrated experience with program coordination and/or event planning is necessary
- Demonstrated experience with communications including website content management and writing for a variety of audiences is essential
- Knowledge of and commitment to community economic development and social justice
- Post-secondary education or a combination of relevant experience in a related field such as CED, non-profit administration, adult or community-based education, event planning, or communications
- Organization and detail management skills are essential, along with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Familiarity with our communications platforms an asset (included: Drupal, CIVI CRM, Wordpress, MailChimp, G-Suite, and a variety of social media platforms)
Working Conditions and Wage
This is a part-time position typically 21 hours / week until June 30, 2019, with likely extension of contract. The hourly wage range is $19.29 - $21.09, commensurate with experience. Given the nature of event management, overtime is often required at peak periods which is reconciled through compensatory time off when operationally possible. This is especially true in the fall, leading up to The Gathering.
Send resume and cover letter by May 2, 2018 to sleesonklym at ccednet-rcdec.ca with ‘Events and Communications Coordinator’ in the subject line. Please be prepared to share writing samples to demonstrate communications skills.
CCEDNet is an equal opportunity employer and strives for a fair, cooperative, respectful and safe environment that protects and promotes the human rights and affirms the dignity of all persons. CCEDNet is committed to the principle of equal access to employment and term-specific contractual opportunities and welcomes applications from diverse backgrounds. We encourage you to self-identify in your cover letter.
We appreciate all applications. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.