If you are a progressive marketing professional inspired by purpose, we have a career for you.
As Vice President, Marketing you will lead United Way Winnipeg’s brand strategy, implement marketing campaigns and optimize new technologies consistent with United Way’s vision, values and strategic direction.
In this role, you will develop, implement and monitor a long-term brand strategy, continually looking for ways to improve the volunteer, donor, potential donor and stakeholder experience through all channels. Further, utilizing market research, quantitative and qualitative data and best practice knowledge, you will lead the planning and execution of all aspects of marketing, external and internal communications, public relations, sponsorship and special events. With a talented marketing team and expert volunteer advisors, you will pursue high quality and innovation in all areas. You will proactively establish relationships with media, business, government, labour and community leaders, and with United Way colleagues nationally and internationally, driving brand enhancement. Additionally, you will actively contribute to the leadership of the organization overall, positioning United Way for the future, while working in an integrated way to maximize volunteer and donor impact in our community today.
You bring to this position a degree in business, marketing or a related field and a minimum of 5 years experience at a senior management level, developing and executing successful brand strategies and marketing campaigns, including digital. You are results oriented and a natural at leading teams, inspiring the best from everyone around you.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
United Way Winnipeg is a highly regarded organization in our community and the United Way brand is one of the most trusted and respected in the world.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, you will be a member of the Executive Team and will lead the development and implementation of all brand, marketing, communications, public relations, sponsorship and special events plans and strategies. More specifically, asthe VP Marketing you will:
- Develop, implement and monitor a long term brand strategy, continually looking for ways to improve the user experience through all channels for all volunteers, donors, potential donors and stakeholders
- Conduct market research initiatives and utilize data analytics to design and implement marketing strategies and campaigns; includes developing key performance indicators (both leading and lagging) in order to evaluate and adjust our approaches
- Lead the development, implementation and optimization of programs in digital advertising, email, social media, SEO/SEM, mobile apps and the web
- Provide vision and guidance to content creation and design for all marketing and communications strategies, considering all mediums (photography, video and writing)
- Focus on results, guiding teams to test, measure and balance approaches through the use of analytics, attribution models and conversion rate optimization
- Cultivate products to inspire the involvement of partners (philanthropists, Foundations, the private sector, government, labour and community leaders) in sponsorship and social change initiatives
- Create communications and public relations plans as required
- Actively build and nurture relationships with media, agencies, business, government, labour and community leaders
- Manage the development, execution and continuous improvement of high quality special events consistent with brand and mission
- Deliver leadership to the Marketing team empowering the team to achieve their best through vision, coaching, mentoring, career development and day-to-day support
- Ensure sound management through the development and monitoring of departmental plans and budgets
- Actively contribute to the leadership of the organization overall by continually positioning United Way for the future, while working in an integrated way to maximize donor and volunteer impact in our community today
- Actively partake in national/international brand and marketing strategies through United Way Centraide Canada and United Way Worldwide
- Demonstrate commitment to United Way’s volunteer-staff partnership model by engaging volunteer expert advisors to elevate excellence in our work and to ensure United Way Winnipeg continues to embrace leading edge practices
You are a seasoned brand professional, a leader with an instinctual understanding of digital, driven to deliver results, and passionate about our community. You also possess the following attributes:
- Degree in business, marketing, or a related field. An MBA would be an asset
- A minimum of five years’ experience at a senior management level, with demonstrated experience as a brand champion, in designing and implementing a brand strategy, and in designing and implementing innovative marketing strategies in complex organizations
- Direct leadership experience in internal and external communications, media relations, sponsorship and special event planning and execution
- Understanding of user experience design so that there is a consistent brand experience through both offline and online channels and for new donors and long time loyal donors
- Experience in digital marketing and advertising tools and techniques
- Proven ability to lead content creation and design teams
- Ability to focus on results and guide teams to test, measure and balance results
- Excellent leadership abilities with proven abilities in coaching, mentoring, and team development
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and meet tight or conflicting priorities
- Be a natural communicator with strong interpersonal, partnership, and collaboration skills
- Experience with CRM software and the use of data analytics
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity, and adapt to, manage and lead change
- High integrity, enjoy a challenging environment and be passionate about making a difference