Established in 2000, the Jubilee Fund is a Social Finance organization and a Canadian registered charity that serves low income and marginalized Manitobans. The Jubilee Fund provides loans and loan guarantees to organisations that work to reduce poverty in Manitoba. Our loan fund is made possible through the sale of Jubilee Investment Certificates, a fixed term deposit product. Operation of the Jubilee Fund is supported by government and foundation grants and individual and corporate donations. The Jubilee Fund provides loan, loan guarantees and bridge financing for affordable housing projects, social businesses and community projects that aim to reduce poverty and marginalization in Manitoba.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated fundraiser to tell the Jubilee Fund story. Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with Jubilee Board Committees the Fund Development Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing donor programs, accessing operational grants for the Jubilee Fund and for the sale of Jubilee Investment Certificates.
Build strong partnerships with government departments, foundations, corporate community, donors and investors.
- Strategies to promote the sale of Jubilee Investment Certificates
- Strategies to raise donations
- Secure operating grants/revenues from government agencies and foundations, etc.
- Coordinate all aspects of Fund Raising Campaigns
- Develop and maintain a network of individuals that can contribute to Jubilee goals.
Develop, in cooperation with Jubilee Board and staff, a comprehensive multi-media communications strategy including but not limited to;
- Social media, Website
- Brochures Newsletters, Visual presentations
Attend meetings as it pertains to fund raising and the delivery of reports, including;
- Executive & Board of Directors meeting
- Strategic planning Committee
- Event Planning Committee
- Annual reporting
- Investor donor Account management
- Presentation skills
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- Sales and negotiation abilities
- Database and IT skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong administrative skills
- A resourceful creative thinker and effective problem solver
- Ability to research and identify opportunities to receive grant funding
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Experience with direct marketing campaigns
- Ability to balance being data literate with generating creative and inspirational campaign ideas
- Must have a vehicle and a valid driver’s licence
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree: Advanced or Business Degree/Resource Development or Communications. Candidates should have a minimum of 5-7 years of demonstrated success in fundraising in a non- profit environment. A strong track record in and a minimum of 2-3 years of experience cultivating and soliciting gifts of $10,000 or greater.
If you are interested in being part of an established, small non-profit organization that has a profound impact on low income Manitobans and those living in poverty, please submit your CV and salary expectations to: jubileefund at shaw.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining The Jubilee Fund, however we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.