MCIS is a social service enterprise which provides language interpretation, translation, transcription, skills testing and training services. We have 5000 interpreters, 300 languages and serve over 750 clients. This is your opportunity to add value to a fast growing organization with a productive work culture.
VISION | To connect people globally through languages.
MISSION | To improve access to critical information and services through high quality language solutions.
VALUES | Respect, Quality, Collaboration, Accountability and Learning
Board Administration and Communications Coordinator is responsible for providing co-ordination, office administration and support to the Executive Director and the MCIS’ Board of Directors. This role acts as a liaison between all staff members and the ED and also between MCIS’ Senior Management and the Board to ensure a smooth workflow/communication between the different parties. The administrative support to the Board of Directors will include but not be limited to: coordinating all Board and governance related activities and meetings, updating documents, organizing Annual General Meeting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create meeting(s) timeline, prepare and distribute meeting notification, correspondence, and agenda materials;
- Prepare formal reports, proposals and PowerPoint presentations;
- Attend board and committee meetings and record minutes;
- Act as the recording secretary and prepare action minutes as directed;
- Monitor deadlines on projects or meetings and follow through on unresolved issues and/or pending requests;
- Create and maintain board orientation manual;
- Establish working relationship with the Board of Directors and Committee chairs in verbal, written, and electronic correspondence;
- Support all recruitment efforts relevant to Board and Committees (updating job posting, posting calls for members, collating responses, connecting recruitment team and helping with scheduling interviews);
- Maintain current and coordinate of a high volume of sensitive and confidential materials;
- Work closely with the ED to support serving as a strong liaison between the Board, staff, and Management and external partners;
- Facilitate smooth and effective collaboration of the ED with MCIS’ internal and external stakeholders through proactive planning and coordination;
- Organize AGM and ensure by-law compliance;
- Update Board membership and signing officers with Ministry, banks and other stakeholders in compliance with legal requirements;
- Update and maintain all governance documents.
- Manage Executive Director’s calendar, Board and Committee team meetings and special ad-hoc meetings;
- Schedule meetings, appointment and conference calls;
- Create meeting agendas and coordinate with others’ schedules;
- Control the calendar and protect the ED’s time;
- Coordinate all travel logistics, including hotel, automotive, corporate air, driving directions, pre-trip planning and communication for ED;
- Prepare expense reports and appropriate documentation.
- Serve as a liaison between the ED, the Board and Committees;
- Regularly update the ED on upcoming activities and events and communicate progress on tasks.
Brand Development and Communication Management
- Develop and coordinate communication activities (internal and external newsletter, press releases, blog post and social media posts) to raise the profile of the MCIS brand;
- Identify, coordinate, promote, evaluate and execute partnership and MCIS brand building projects;
- Promote MCIS’ Vision, Mission and Strategic Goals by using various communication channels to increase awareness about interpretation and translation industry;
- Work with SAM team to develop MCIS’ internal and external communications plan and manage calendar for communicating events through social media;
- Plan and create digital communication strategies and campaigns to effectively engage with stakeholders and demonstrate the success of our work;
- Monitor media for key developments to post on social media, to write about in blogs or to comment on or advocate with key influencers;
- Persuasively build "buy in" as it relates to campaigns and initiatives that MCIS intends to pursue on an ongoing and multi-layered basis;
- Manage, analyze and report data as it would relate to internal and client campaigns and traffic through social media and website;
- Find opportunities for MCIS to make public appearances to speak about the brand, to be written about in the media, to be nominated for awards and to bid on grants or to pursue partnership opportunities.
Any other duties related to any of the above functions.
Other Employment requirements:
- A general post-secondary education (university degree/college diploma);
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience or a combination of experience and training in working with senior executives, board administration, public relation and/ or working in a non-profit and culturally diverse environment;
- Have outstanding written and oral communication skills;
- Experience with corporate communications, digital communication strategy design & delivery, and organizing marketing campaigns;
- Be exceptionally well organized, detail oriented, deadline driven and reliable;
- Proficiency in diverse computer applications including Microsoft Office suite and various social media platforms are essential;
- Ability to build relationships; able to focus on meeting different needs while staying positive and flexible.
- Full-time permanent position; 36.25 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, December 13th, 2017
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter with salary expectations and resume to doris at mcis.on.ca no later than 5:00 pm, Wednesday, December 13th, 2017
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.