Santropol Roulant is looking for a dynamic and positive person to join our team as Volunteer Program Coordination Intern for a duration of 7 months
About Santropol Roulant
Santropol Roulant uses food as a vehicle to break social and economic isolation between generations. Creatively and collaboratively, we strengthen and nourish our local community with our novel approaches to active community engagement, youth leadership, food security and social inclusion.
Opportunities to learn and grow are key benefits of working at Santropol Roulant. Our working culture supports staff members in developing the skills required to ensure that our collective impact matches organizational and personal aspirations. It is therefore not required to have a background in volunteer coordination to apply.
About the Position
The Volunteer Coordination Internship is an opportunity to bring the core values of Santropol Roulant to life; our volunteer coordination team is the principle point of interaction with our volunteer community who contribute greatly to making all volunteers feel welcome and appreciated. As the contract progresses, the volunteer program intern will have the opportunity to take on increased responsibilities. They will also have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to Santropol Roulant's organizational processes, including weekly staff meetings, special events, and working committees. This 7-month placement offers a wide range of learning opportunities and concrete experience in the community sector.
Key responsibilities include :
With the support of the Volunteer Program Coordinator :
- Develop enriching relationships with Roulant volunteers from different backgrounds and with different needs, and support volunteers in developing their leadership through their community engagement at the Roulant.
- Welcome volunteers to the Roulant before and after their volunteer shifts and respond to volunteer requests and concerns.
- Assist with scheduling and inscription for the volunteer program, and animate volunteer information sessions for new volunteers as needed.
- Assuring a positive volunteer experience and an excellent quality of service for our meals-on-wheels clients.
Organisational Life :
- Participate in shared administrative tasks such as welcoming visitors to the building and answering phone calls.
- Participate in the collective management of Santropol Roulant during staff meetings and through participation in special committees.
- Participate in the organisation of our community engagement events.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Interest and enthusiasm for working in a community organization committed to social inclusion
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Great inter-personal and team-work skills
- Comfortable speaking on the phone
- Great interest in food security and building social inclusion
- Interest in working with community members from different backgrounds and of different generations
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Strong written and verbal communication in French and English
- Valid Quebec driver's license is an asset
Please note that it is not required to have experience with our programme activities in order to apply.
This is a full-time 7-month position starting January 2, 2018, with a weekly schedule running from Tuesday to Saturday and an hourly wage of $12.67 for 35 hours/week.
**PLEASE NOTE** This position is funded by Emploi Québec. To be eligible, you must have a permanent residency in Quebec, be unemployed or underemployed, and a non-student. To obtain the letter of eligibility, please make an appointment with an agent at your local employment centre and tell them that you would like to become eligible for this position, file number 565183-1. Please note: We encourage interested applicants to contact an agent as quickly as possible as making an appointment can take up to a week. Please contact Jamiey (jamiey at santropolroulant.org) (514) 284-9335) if you have questions about the application process.
As an organization that works to break social and economic isolation and bring people together across social barriers, Santropol Roulant recognizes that people who experience structural oppression and marginalization have a lot to offer our community. People of colour, people with disabilities, women, two-spirited and queer people, trans people, those recently arrived from other countries, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply and to self-identify in their cover letter. Our primary office space is step-free and has an accessible washroom, but our second floor and basement are not wheelchair accessible. Please contact Stephanie if you have any questions about the accessibility of our work area or your participation in an interview process. For more information about how to apply for a job at Santropol Roulant, click here. For more about our hiring policies, click here.
To apply, please drop off or email your CV, cover letter and Emploi Quebec letter of eligibility to Jamiey Kelly at 111 Roy East or rh at santropolroulant.org by Monday, November 27th at 9am. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be contacted only if they are chosen for an interview. For more information, contact Jamiey at 514-284-9335, write to rh at santropolroulant.org, or visit www.santropolroulant.org.